Sunday, July 30, 2006

Blogging Warriors

There are certain" local" bloggers that I wanted to highlight today. These are very special people who are either involved in very special work or in situations that requires special consideration and prayer.

Dean and Carole Turner are dear friends of mine who are in the process of adopting their second biracial child. They are a loving family who are fearlessly and faithfully taking steps to see that these babies have a chance at living in a environment that is filled with purpose and hope. If you would like to help, go to http://thewardrobeandthewhitetree.com

Shane Comeaux is a contractor who is based in Iraq. His work is essential in the war effort to win over the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people. I met him for the first time in person at church this weekend and I can tell you that he is a very gifted and talented young man. I would ask that you would keep him in your prayers while he is away. His site is at http://cajuntiger.blogspot.com

And lastly, their is George and Robin Waites. George was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in December. He had been receiving treatment and showing signs of improvement until the doctors recently discovered that the cancer may have moved to his liver. They have two children and they are in dire need of prayer. He is only 41 years old. To find more about his journey, go to http://shadowofalmighty.blogspot.com/

5 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Carole Turner said...

Your a good man Ron!!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Ron, "ain't no doubt about it baby!!!" - You are quite the blog mister. Love the political commentary. Dean can do the sports and you take care of the politics -What a team. When I can figure it out, I plan on putting you guys on my blog as links. Thanks for the prayers. God Bless George.
P.S. Correction:I am 42 now (yow!) and the spots on my liver, if they are still there, have not been diagnosed as cancerous - so we are believing God that all is well. GW.

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron, I'm so glad to add you to the rotation. I love "hearing" your thoughts. Thank you. Hey, George!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Ron said...

George
I'm also lost when it comes to blog links, pictures, etc... I'm afraid of screwing it all up.
I thought we were the same age? My bad.
Anyways, I'm standing with you in prayer, and I'm believing for a good report from the doctors about that liver! Thanks for the visit and comments. "Ain't No Doubt About It Baby!"

Carole
Thanks!:)

Karen
Your Awesome!! You have great thoughts too! Thanks for the visit and comment and don't be a stranger!!
Go Tigers!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

Thanks for the prayer and very kind words Ron!!!

I'll do a post on all the great people I met when I get back to Baghdad and able to post some pics. However I won't be able to use the pic we took b/c it didn't come out well...lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home