Friday, December 08, 2006

Colson Supports McCain's Iraq War Strategy

Chairman of BreakPoint Prison Ministries Chuck Colson, an former Nixon Aide, has stated recently that he agrees with Sen John McCain's proposal of sending additional troops to Iraq. Colson, whom I respect and admire, goes on to say that McCain deserves the "Profiles of Courage award" for taking such a stand...Interesting.

Here's the article; http://www.breakpoint.org/listingarticle.asp?ID=5862

I personally do not have a problem with sending more troops to Iraq if I knew that it would make a real difference in securing Iraq and the region. This is a "quick fix" solution to a long term problem that I'm afraid America has no stomach for.

6 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Dionne said...

I love Chuck Colson and I'm sorry but it just makes my stomach churn to see him praising McCain for anything. I don't care what it is. Sigh...

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Ron said...

LMC,

I know. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I did hear today that the President is seriously considering sending more troops to Iraq like McCain suggested.
I guess the pressure on Bush to do something is mounting.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Carole Turner said...

hum...

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

I'll take any option except withdrawal. That would be the worse case scenario on so many levels.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Ron said...

CT,

I agree

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to ya'll.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home