Monday, November 06, 2006

Go Vote!

It is our duty as American citizens to vote. Please take the time today to do it.

I'm a conservative registered Republican which means that I usually vote down the party line, unless of course, a Democrat or Independent running thinks like a conservative...which is rare.

The Republicans have an agenda that I believe both strengthens our national security and economy. The Democrats plan is to raise our taxes and immediately start withdrawing our troops from Iraq, which I know is a sore spot with both Democrats and Republicans...I see the poll numbers. As much as I hate to see our troops in the Middle East, I believe that we should stay in Iraq until the newly elected government has time to establish their own economic structure and national security. Timing is everything.

Also, some very important federal court seats will need to be filled. I want judges that rule by OUR Constitution, not Europe's.

For me, these reasons are enough to take a few minutes Tuesday to drive my lazy butt to the polling place and vote. Don't stay home and be apathetic. You owe it to those who died for your country's freedom to vote!

4 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

Yes, Americans do owe it to their country's freedom to vote. It's the very least they can do. Many people around the world risk their very lives to vote (remember Iraq?) and far too many Americans take that right for granted.

Good post! :)

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

Very well could be the most important election of our lives.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Carole Turner said...

dang Ron, two post in one week! Your smokin' hot!

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Dionne said...

Well said!! Too bad not enough of us made it to the polls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home