Sunday, August 27, 2006

Fox News Reporters Released

By now, everyone knows that the two reporters from Fox News were released to Palestinian officials today. Both are fine and in good health...Thank God!

A video produced prior to the release showed reporters Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig giving a statement, converting to the religion of Islam. Centanni said,"We were forced to convert to Islam at gun point". Wiig, a New Zealand citizen, gave an anti-Western speech.
One Israeli security official said "It is easier to save face within the terror community if you can claim your captives convert to Islam, so therefore you couldn't harm them"".

Abu Muhammed, member of the Dugmash Family, based in Gaza City blasted Fox News claiming the media outlet is "controlled by Zionest lobby and Jews". The Dugmash clan is considered to be one of the groups behind the kidnappings.

For the last month or so, I've notice the advertisements of an organization known as the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews on the Fox News Channel. This is an non-profit organization founded in 1983 by rabbi Yechiel Eckstien. It's main mission is to unite Christian and Jews world wide. They assist in immigration, providing food, clothing, and medical assistance for orphans in the Soviet Union and around the world. And they help victims of terrorist attacks. Rabbi Eckstien works closely with American churches in encouraging support for the Jewish people around the world.

I believe that the Fox News Channel was targeted by this terrorist group because of its outward support for Israel's existence and it's fight against terrorism. Remember, Fox was not the only news outlet reporting from Gaza City at the time of the kidnappings.

4 Comments:

At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I heard that they claimed to convert to Islam, I was shocked and scared for them. I pray that if I were ever confronted with a choice like that, I will chose Jesus! I'd say to them, just shoot me in the head and get it over with quickly b/c i will not denounce my Lord.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Dionne said...

You know I noticed those ads also and they stood out to me because I couldn't imagine CNN agreeing to run them.

My husband and I were talking about what we would do if we were kidnapped and told to convert to Islam or die. We both agreed we would rather die. I don't judge Centanni or Wiig for doing it because they probably aren't believers. And to be honest even though I've had 4 kids without pain medicine I'm not sure what I would ultimately do if I was faced with extreme pain/torture.

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

I love how the MSM is saying they were released unharmed...yet they were kidnapped, tied up, beaten and forced by gunpoint to convert to Islam...all of which is against Geneva and which they would castrate any soldier who came anywhere close to such behavior.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Ron said...

PA,

I think the Israeli official was right. They could not just simply hand those guys over without doing something to save-face.

Keri, LMC,

Honestly, I would hope that I would have the courage to stand up for Jesus like Steven did before he was stoned to death. But, then again, look at Peter! Let's pray that we'll never be put in that kind of predicament.

CT,

OUCH!! Terrorist laugh at Geneva!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home