Sunday, August 06, 2006

Joel Rosenberg, Novelist or Prophet

Anyone familiar with bible prophecy, knows or has heard of best selling author Joel C Rosenberg. Joel's best selling 'novels' include, The Last Jihad, The Last Days, The Ezekiel Option (I'm in the middle of reading this one), and The Copper Scroll. His books are so much in relation to current events that he has been dub by some in the media as a "modern day Nostradamus".

Here is a portion of his profile; "Joel previously served as a senior advisor to several U.S. and Israeli leaders, including Steve Forbes, Rush Limbaugh, former Israeli Deputy Prime Minister Natan Sharansky, and former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. He has been interviewed on more than 300 radio and TV shows including ABC's "Nightline", CNN, CNN Headline News, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, The History Channel ..."

Needless to say, Joel has been a very busy man lately. Last year he was invited to a White House bible study group where he talked about current events and bible prophecy. He has stayed in touch with White House officials ever since. When asked about the discussions with WH officials, Joel was quoted as saying "I can't tell you that the people that I spoke with agree with me, or believe that prophecy can really help you understand what will happen next in the Middle East, but I'm not surprised that they're intrigued".

Now, I realize that there are those of you who get really nervous when the discussions about the crisis in the Middle East are seen through the eyes of bible prophecy. But let me just say for now that life "as we know it" will change. We Christians need to be on alert, guarding are hearts and minds from fears and doubts of the future.

I may post more on bible prophecy in the following weeks.
http://joelrosenberg.blogspot.com/







12 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

Joel goes to my Church in DC. He is a great guy!

In "The Last Jihad" he predicted planes flying into the WTC before 9-11. In "The Last Days" he predicted the Iraq war before it started. In "The Ezekiel Option" he predicts a Russian/Iranian alliance that attacks Israel as predicted in Ezekiel...hmmm...will he be 3-for-3?

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Ron said...

CT,
I can tell by watching his interviews that he's a great guy.

I'm not a big "novel" reader but obviously, I've made an exception with Joel's books.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Carole Turner said...

ok, now you guys have me wanthing to read him...

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Carole Turner said...

lend me the book Ron.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Dionne said...

My mom has read his books and I know Suzie has been reading them and highlighted his blog awhile ago. Rush is very selective in what books he promotes and he has promoted his books. I need to eventually get around to reading them myself.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Carole,
I have a loooonng way to go yet.

LMC,
The relationship Joel has with Rush and other influentual people is very interesting!
I would love to sit with him and pick his brain.

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saw that you were highlighted by Shane. I'll be adding you to my team Louisiana. From one fellow coon-ass to another, welcome aboard.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Thanks Nick, we coon-asses need to stick together.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Dionne said...

Its funny because instead of having dreams about movie stars I have dreams about having deep conversations with people like Rush and Donald Rumsfeld. So I'm right there with ya on wanting to be able to discuss things with people like Rosenberg.

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started with the second book. Found it on sale at Barnes and Noble. Took on summer trip to France. I'd read and then when the news would come on about Irag and Israel it sounded like a continuation of the plot. I have since finished it, The Last Judgement, The Ezekiel Option, and also the Copper Scroll. I decided I needed to read the first book to understand some of the history. I had to buy The Last Jihad on Amazon. Glad I did.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Anonymous,
Thanks for stopping by and posting the cool comment!

You need to check out Joel's blog. He updates it quite often. I think you would find it very insightful.

He has a new book out called "Epacenter".

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Ron said...

sorry...Epicenter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home